14 foods that are toxic for dogs
These are the 14 foods that are not healthy for dogs
There are a variety of products that can be toxic or harmful for dogs to eat. Here are ten products that dogs should definitely not eat:
Chocolate: Chocolate contains theobromine, a substance that is toxic to dogs. The amount of theobromine varies depending on the type and quality of chocolate, but in general, the darker the chocolate, the more toxic it is to dogs.
Avocado: Avocado contains persin, a substance that can be toxic to dogs. Most dogs will not become seriously ill if they eat a small amount of avocado, but it is still advisable to avoid consuming it.
Onions and garlic: Onions and garlic contain substances that are toxic to dogs. Even in small amounts, they can cause nausea, vomiting and even anemia.
Spices: Some spices, such as cloves and nutmeg, can be toxic to dogs if eaten in large quantities.
Xylitol: Xylitol is a sweetener commonly used in chewing gum, candy and other sweets. It can be toxic to dogs and cause rapid insulin release in the body, which can lead to hypoglycemic shock.
6. green bone from chickens and turkeys: Green bones from chickens and turkeys are immature and contain more phosphorus than calcium. If dogs eat green bones, it may cause imbalance in calcium-phosphorus ratio in the body and lead to health problems such as kidney damage.
7. Fruit seeds and peels: The seeds and peels of fruits such as apple, plum and peach contain cyanide, a substance that is toxic to dogs. Although most dogs do not eat enough of these to become seriously ill, they should still be avoided.
8. caffeine: Caffeine can be toxic to dogs, causing symptoms such as agitation, cardiac arrhythmia and even death. Caffeine occurs naturally in coffee beans, tea leaves and cocoa, but it can also be found in energy drinks and certain medications.
9. Alcohol: Alcohol can be toxic to dogs, causing symptoms such as shortness of breath, vomiting and even coma. Even small amounts of alcohol can be dangerous, so dogs should definitely not have access to alcoholic beverages.
10. bread dough: bread dough can be dangerous for dogs as it can rise and expand in the stomach, causing pain and even stomach ruptures.
11. Dairy products: Some dogs are intolerant to milk and may react to dairy products with symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. It is important that dogs do not have access to milk and other dairy products unless they are specifically formulated for consumption by dogs.
12. nuts: Some nuts, especially macadamia nuts, are toxic to dogs and can cause symptoms such as vomiting, weakness and even paralysis. Other nuts, such as hazelnuts and walnuts, can also be harmful to dogs if eaten in large quantities. It is important to keep dogs away from all nuts to avoid potential health problems.
13. pastries: pastries such as cookies, cakes and muffins can be unhealthy for dogs because they often contain a lot of sugar and fat. These ingredients can lead to obesity and even diabetes in dogs.
14. potato chips: Potato chips are unhealthy for dogs because they contain a lot of fat and salt. If dogs eat too many potato chips, they can suffer from obesity and possibly even kidney problems. It is important that dogs do not have access to potato chips.
It is important that dog owners always watch what their dog eats and make sure they do not have access to these or other toxic products. If you are concerned that your dog has eaten something toxic, be sure to seek veterinary care immediately.
These articles may also interest you:
You can find articles that might interest you in the dogbible blog to match your favorite breed.Visit our magazine