5 beautiful dog places in Mallorca
5 beautiful dog spots on Mallorca
If you are on Mallorca with your four-legged friend, then you have almost endless possibilities to pass the time. Below you will find five tips for the most beautiful places that you and your pet should definitely see:
Refreshment at the dog beach
There's no question about it: the Balearic island stands for unique beaches and bathing holidays on the Mediterranean. That's why our tips start with the official dog beaches, where your best friend can romp and swim to his heart's content, leash-free, among fellow dogs. The bays are signposted "Playa canina".
- Playa Punta Marroig in Palmanova (in the south of Mallorca): Between Palmanova and Es Carregador. The bathing bay is open from 8 to 20 o'clock.
- Cala dels gats on the Costa de la Palma (in the south of Mallorca): This small bay consists of sand and stones and extends between Punta dels Gats and Cala Blanca. Here, too, the opening hours are from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Playa de Llenaire in Port de Pollença (in the north of Mallorca): This almost 600-metre-long stretch of beach is located right in the traditional fishing village of Port de Pollença and is made up of rocks and stones (plenty of shaded areas available).
- Playa Na Patana in the municipality of Santa Margarida (in the northeast of Mallorca): This very popular sandy cove stretches about two kilometres from Can Picafort, between the mouth of the Son Baulo and Son Real torrents.
- Es Carnatge beach (near Palma de Mallorca): About nine kilometres from Palma, between Coll den Rabassa and Can Pastilla.
In addition, there are some municipal areas that allow four-legged friends on the coast. These include Andratx, Pollença and Capdepera. Here, dogs are allowed to enjoy the beaches without restrictions during the winter season (from 1 November to 31 March). Artá also sets a pet-friendly example. Here, pets can even enjoy the sea breeze at the coves from 1 October to 30 April. The administration of Muro allows beach walks with dogs between the 1st of November and the 28th of February.
Please note: in all other municipalities of the Balearic Island, access to the beaches for pets is not allowed 365 days a year, unless they are officially signposted as dog beaches.
For culture enthusiasts - Palma de Mallorca on four paws
You don't want to miss out on a city trip with your four-legged companion? No problem - you can easily visit the metropolis of Palma with your dog. There are even organised bus trips where your furry friend is welcome. In addition, some lines of the municipal transport company allow pets to travel with you. But basically, bus rides are hardly necessary, because the city can be discovered relaxed on foot. You can walk along the city wall, inspect the old town from there and stroll through the narrow streets and idyllic squares, as well as spy monasteries and medieval courtyards.
Great parks for two- and four-legged friends
There are also many parks in Palma where pets are allowed. These are often signposted as "Pipican". This is a mostly fenced area for dogs, where there is plenty of play equipment and things to do. Here, all breeds can let off steam with their buddies off-leash:
- Parc de Sa Falda Verda
- Parc Krekovic - Manuel Azaña
- Joan Gris Park
- Parc La Ribera
- Parc de Son Dameto d'Alt
- Parc de Sagrat Cor
The monumental Villa of Raixa and its magnificent gardens
Are you more the type to discover the countryside? Then Mallorca is the right place for you. The island with its countless hiking trails is a dream for dog and master. An absolute highlight is a visit to the old country estate Finca Raixa. This magical place offers everything: nature, landscape and history. The estate is located about 10 km from Palma on the Carretera de Sóller (at the Hospital Joan March exit). Here your dog is allowed to run without a leash and you can start dreamlike walks between almond and fig trees, holm oaks and pines.
Boat trip to the most beautiful viewpoint of Mallorca
Who says dogs can't go on boat trips in Mallorca? There is an interesting boat trip where your darling is welcome. We are talking about a tour from Puerto de Alcudia to Cap Formentor. During this four-hour excursion you will sail along the coast. You'll enjoy magnificent views of the cliffs, some bizarre rock caves and numerous coves and beaches.
Lyme disease in dogs - symptoms & treatment and why its so dangerous
Should Dogs Be Allowed On The Couch? - yes or no and how to break the habit
Leaving your dog alone - how do you teach him to do that?
Dog licence: Baden-Württemberg introduces compulsory dog licence
Visit our blog for more fresh articles
You can find articles that might interest you in the dogbible blog to match your favorite breed.Visit our magazine