Facts & Origin
Profile: German Hunting Terrier-Bolonka Zwetna Mix (German Hunting Terrier and Bolonka Zwetna Mix).
The German Hunting Terrier-Bolonka Zwetna Mix offers an intriguing combination of energy and affection suitable for active families, couples or individuals willing to invest time in training and activity. With proper care and training, this mixed breed can be a loyal and loving companion.
Origin of the parent breeds
The German Hunting Terrier-Bolonka Zwetna mix combines two seemingly different worlds. The German Hunting Terrier, originally bred in Germany for hunting, brings robustness and energy to the mix. On the other hand, the Bolonka Zwetna, which originated in Russia, represents a smaller, gentler breed that is popular as a lap dog and companion dog.
|Origin||Russia - Germany|
|Life expectancy||10 - 15 years|
|Care requirements||high-maintenance - low-maintenance|
|FCI group||not recognised|
|AKC group||not recognised|
|KC group||not recognised|
Attitude, character and temperament of the breed
Possible character traits
The temperament of this mixed breed dog can vary from dog to dog, yet there are some common traits:
- Energetic: Due to its hunting terrier genes, this mix can be very active.
- Devotedand Loyal: Thanks to the influence of the Bolonka Zwetna, they are often very attached to their families.
- Intelligent and Eager to Learn: This makes training relatively easy, but requires mental stimulation.
Suitability and attitude
Versatility makes it an interesting choice for a variety of living conditions. Living in an apartment is also possible as long as regular walks and activities are provided.
Care and health
The grooming needs of this mixed breed may vary depending on the dominant coat type:
- Brushing: Longer coats will require more frequent brushing, shorter coats will require weekly brushing.
- Bathing: Only when necessary to maintain the natural coat oil.
- Health checks: Regular examinations are important as both breeds can be subject to certain genetic conditions, including eye and hip problems.
What does this mixed breed look like?
The crossing of these two breeds can result in a varied appearance:
- Size: small to medium in size, typically between 25 and 40 inches in shoulder height.
- Coat: Can vary between the short, dense coat of the Hunting Terrier and the longer, silkier coat of the Bolonka.
- Colors: A wide range, including black, brown, red and combinations thereof, depending on dominant genes.
The German Hunting Terrier-Bolonka Zwetna mix is an intellectual and persistent dog that is best trained through praise and reward.
Most have an even temperament, are cheerful, loyal, affectionate and they are very intelligent.
These mixed breeds make excellent family dogs and are suitable for people with a lot of patience and love.