Facts & Origin
Crested Malt - The charming mixture of Chinese Crested Dog and Maltese
The Crested Malt is a delightful blend of the elegant Chinese Crested Dog and the charming Maltese. This unique hybrid breed combines the best traits of both parents and is gaining popularity as a loving companion dog and loyal companion.
Please note that the characteristics of a mixed breed dog may vary due to genetic diversity. It is important to view each dog as an individual being and adjust its needs and characteristics accordingly.
Suitability and Husbandry
The Crested Malt is ideal for families and individuals looking for a small, playful and loving companion. With his friendly nature and adaptability, he does equally well in apartments and homes. He loves spending time with his people and is an ideal choice for seniors or people looking for a loyal companion.
|Origin||China - Malta|
|Life expectancy||12 - 15 years|
|Care requirements||low-maintenance - high-maintenance|
|FCI group||not recognised|
|AKC group||not recognised|
|KC group||not recognised|
Attitude, character and temperament of the breed
Possible character traits of the Crested Malt
The Crested Malt is known for its endearing and affectionate personality. Here are some character traits you can expect in a Crested Malt:
- Playful: He is a playful dog who loves to interact with his humans and learn new things.
- Affectionate: He is extremely affectionate and enjoys the company of his family. He likes to be around them and is constantly seeking attention and affection.
- Intelligent: The Crested Malt is intelligent and eager to learn. With positive reinforcement and loving, consistent training, he can quickly learn new commands and tricks.
- Gregarious: He gets along well with other pets and children and can easily adapt in a variety of social settings.
Overall, the Crested Malt is a delightful and lovable dog that works well as a family pet as well as a companion for individuals. With his charming appearance, friendly nature and adaptability, he will quickly win the heart of his family.
Health maintenance and diseases
The Crested Malt is generally a healthy dog, but as with all breeds, certain health concerns can arise. Here are some important health issues you should be aware of:
- Dental and gum problems: Due to its small size, the Crested Malt can be prone to dental problems such as tartar buildup or gum disease. Regular tooth brushing and veterinary checkups are important.
- Sensitive Skin: Some Crested Malts may have sensitive skin that requires special care. Use mild shampoos and watch for signs of skin irritation or allergies.
Care of the Crested Malt
Grooming the Crested Malt requires regular brushing to keep the coat clean and tangle free. Some important grooming considerations are:
- Brushing: Brush the coat regularly to prevent tangles and keep the skin healthy.
- Bathing: Bathe him as needed with a mild dog shampoo to keep his coat and skin clean.
- Eye and Ear Care: Clean his eyes and ears regularly to prevent dirt buildup and prevent infections.
- Dental Care: Brush his teeth regularly to prevent dental problems.
What does this mixed breed look like?
The Crested Malt is a small to medium sized dog with a charming and unique look that is influenced by both parents. Here are some characteristics you can expect in a Crested Malt:
- Coat: It can have a soft, silky coat that can come in a variety of colors such as white, cream, brown or black.
- CrestedCoat: As the name suggests, he can inherit the characteristic crested coat of the Chinese Crested Dog, which gives him a charming appearance.
- Size: The Crested Malt is usually small to medium in size, reaching a shoulder height of about 25 to 30 inches.
- Weight: Its weight usually varies between 3 and 5 kg.
Often occur with allergies and intolerances.
Problems with the Patellar can be a displacement or weak kneecap, which is one of the most common causes of lameness in dogs, also because of overweight.
Can be hereditary in certain breeds.
Can occur frequently in dogs and can sometimes be treated with medication.
This mix has a long and soft coat, which is usually light silver or white.
They usually grow between 20 and 35 centimeters and can weigh between 2.5 and 5.5 kilograms.
Yes, he is a very loving and energetic family dog. He is playful and easily trainable.
He is an affectionate, outgoing and social dog. He likes to spend time with his family.
Yes, this hybrid breed needs regular daily exercise to stay healthy and happy.